Produce/ Consume In RSEmulate V21

Hi all,

Is it possible to use Produce/Consume tags between 2 Emulate controllers over the backplane?

I cannot get it to work. All is good in IO tree until I add the consume Tag then I get an error code 16#0203.

As far as I know, it is not. The Emulate controllers don't support any kind of cyclic I/O connection whether over the backplane or over a network, with the exception of the 1786-SIM module object.

The SoftLogix controller might support it, but as far as I know the Emulator doesn't.

As far as I know, it is not. The Emulate controllers don't support any kind of cyclic I/O connection whether over the backplane or over a network, with the exception of the 1786-SIM module object.

The SoftLogix controller might support it, but as far as I know the Emulator doesn't.

Hi Ken,

It seems that way. I was reading: Getting Results with Emulate 5000 which suggests it did:

Configuring Produced and Consumed Tags
Another method for simulating I/O for your emulated project is to produce and consume
tags from another emulation module. (See the documentation for your Logix 5000
controller for background information about produced and consumed tags.)

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/96143/