PROFACE HMI FAILURE- OPERATE GP_PRO EX with LAPTOP

antonydias

Our Proface HMI SP-5B10 is getting hanged & i have GP-PRO EX in an VM ware workstation 12 player.

Now kindly guide me to operate the Machine from Laptop using GP-PRO EX(via VM ware work station)

regards
Antony Dias

You can only do it if you have the original application file (.prx)

If you open it using GP-Pro EX software, you can change the "Display" to "IPC (PC/AT)" and to keep the same screen resolution as the original PS5000 screen.

There is an application called "WinGP" that usually comes with the installation set for GP-Pro EX package. Install it if it had not been installed and launch it.

Normally it requires an additional license to run constantly, but without the license it will run for 3 hours and then would have to be restarted.

When WinGP is running, it will appear as there was another Pro-face device on the network. Download your application file to it the same way you would download to a real device. Now you should be good for 3 hours.

Since you are running in a VM, you should figure out your network settings so the virtual Pro-face WinGP device can still communicate with your PLC.

If you do not have the original application file and you cannot upload it from the defective "power box" SP-5B10, then I don't think anyone can help...