Profibus to devicenet solutions

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Curious to see if anyone has a recommendation for making this happen.

We typically buy presses as a turnkey deal, but for our newest one we are installing our own brand of CNC feeder. New feeder came in today, and I am trying to keep the install as pretty as possible, which to me means generally speaking the least amount of wiring.

One Ethernet cable from panel to panel is better than a 40conducter cable imho.

Curious if anyone has any recommendations for communicating between the two controllers with a device in the middle translating.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, the AB side is Ethernet/IP. Rusty on AB protocols.

Thanks

Last edited:
My application is that we have a CNC feed and a Press, and the CNC feed needs signals from the press so that it knows to react.

Continuous stroke / Jog / TDC / BDC / Estop / etc.

This stuff can all be wired, but I think for best possible result I should try for a better solution.