Proficy Machine Edtion Fault Table-GE Series 9030

mschneider

I've recently noticed that when I open up my fault table I get a reoccurring fault in the controller. Not sure what it is or means, hoping somebody can help me out. Loc. is 0.15 and the fault is 'Can't locate remote node; discarded request'. This fault pops up every few seconds. I have a CPU 374 PLUS on a ten slot rack connected to a remote 10-slot rack below it. the loc. of 0.15 is confusing me. Any ideas would sure be appreciated.

I am used to seeing the location naming convention as rack.slot in the fault tables, so 0.15 would be rack 0 slot 15. I am not sure how that would be possible with the 90-30 series, but I would double check the hardware configuration.

I believe also that 0.15 should be rack 0 slot 15.
Do you have the terminal jumper installed on the expansion cable where it plugs into the expansion rack? The screws are kind of odd if not tightened down correct. Use screwdriver to firmly attach the cable at both ends. Then use finger pressure only to attach the terminator.
Are the terminations good at both ends of the cable?
Verify this...

Does the I/O configuration show rack 1 and what modules are in rack 1?
You could try unplugging a module in rack 1 and see if it shoes up in the fault tables in rack 1.# (slot number).

Last edited:
Also verify that each component is correctly named in the I/O configuration.
For instance...You have the wrong power supply part number inserted than is used in the IO configuration. The PLC will still operate but you may have I/O faults because the PLC does not recognize the PS correctly. Certain I/O modules could also act the same.