ProFiNet Remote IO options

BeepBob

Hello all,

Can you guys recommend a remote IO product that uses ProfiNet?

I am looking for 8 input / 8 out put 24VDC and maybe an analog input card too

I am looking at WAGO products and they are sold out everywhere. Phoenix

Contact has products but they use M12 connectors

p.s I am using Anybus DeviceNet to Profinet gateway in conjunction with these remote IO...until we can replae every PLC5 we have. (future PLC will be Siemens)

Price is no issue, availability is more important. I'm spending tax payer money :)

Just looked at Siemens official products, for the distributors around my area , wait time until December 2023...yikes..

Last edited:
I've not had any trouble getting hold of ET200 io in the states. Only when it comes to the safety cards I've had issue.

I've used Weidmuller before in the past, they make some pretty good stuff.

Note on the anybus, done a lot of systems like how it sounds you are. Byte swapping occurs.

I've not had any trouble getting hold of ET200 io in the states. Only when it comes to the safety cards I've had issue.

I've used Weidmuller before in the past, they make some pretty good stuff.

Note on the anybus, done a lot of systems like how it sounds you are. Byte swapping occurs.

what is this byte swapping phenomenon? , if you dont mind enlightening a newbie.

what is this byte swapping phenomenon? , if you dont mind enlightening a newbie.

Different processor architectures between Siemens and the IO side. The ANybus is likely transparent on the bits received so they don't see "eye to eye" without changing some bytes about. I remember when using WAGO, that was one of the options that existed on the remote IO network header.

remote IO product that uses ProfiNet? ... future PLC will be Siemens

Sounds like the ET200 is your best option.
ET200AL has M12 connectors if that's what you want.
If not, ET200SP has every IO option in the catalogue.

6 months ago I was really struggling to get them. Siemens have done a lot of work to increase production to reduce lead times and I'm now finding that the more common parts (interface, DI, DQ etc.) are in stock.
If you want the more involved parts though, I've been quoted 40 weeks lead time for both the SIWAREX weighing module and the RS-485 communication block.