program for elevator

babybylar

:D can someone email me or something ; I have that training software from thelearnigpit.com, and the only simulation i am having trouble with is the elevator.

Trouble?

and the only simulation i am having trouble with is the elevator
You are indeed a lucky person if all the sims with logix pro have been so easy that you have them all finished except for the elevator. A clue that might help you with the elevator sim is that the car must go up and down. The car must stop on the floor where a call button has been pressed, and oh yes, the doors must open and close at the appropriate time. Otherwise, I can't help you! Good luck!

When all else fails!

Keep trying new ideas and you will find a suitable method. Also, if you were to post some of your code, there might be a way for us to point out ways to improve it.

One of the most amazing, intriguing (sp?) is the way different people aproach different problems. :unsure: I get to work with stuff from a variety of people and the variety is amazing. there is more than one way to skin a cat eh.

up the down elevator?

I will make you a deal. I have LogixPro here at my home and at my office, so if you want to attach a program you are working on to a post, then I can look it over and see how you are doing. Ok? And by the way thunda I think this stuff is intriguing also and you did spell it correctly. I use a dictionary to check on words I am unsure of that is available online. Makes it handy when you are posting stuff like here. Happy Easter everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elevator

:p i am very close. I assigned each floor a subroutine. Then i assinged a subroutine to control the door opening/closing. i am
about 90% finished.
ps. on my first attempt i used regular ladder logic,but my program got too big (i actually got an error message that said "program too large"

Congratulations! I knew you could do it. That is the part that makes this stuff so much fun. Finding what works and what doesn't and getting the job done. Sets you apart from the crowd.