program pausing

rltaylor

I am using LogixPro Sim. and cant seem to get my program to pause then resume at same point, it always starts at the beginnig of program. Any ideas would be great, thanks

Generally, there is not pausing of a PLC program.

You can learn more by clicking the link "Learn PLCS" at the top of this page.

Many people who are used to PC programming get hung up on the way the PLC always scans the entire program. Just think of it as an infinite loop.

In fact, in many PLC's if you write code that doesn't allow the execution of the program to reach the end of the program an error will be generated.

Are you using LogixPro Sim for Allen Bradley RS500? What,I would do is try to do is reload the LogixPro program to see if that works first. But save your PLC program first, so you don't lose it.

I already downloaded the free version for myself. But, I would suggest you sign up for the free PLC simulator on this site as well.

yes you are correct i mistakenly stated needing to pause the program when i meant pause the sequence. what i am having trouble with is resuming at any point in the sequence so i need to find a way to give the entire sequence positions for each action and then use a holding register, not sure if that is the best way so any ideas would be great, thanks

p.s. the prob is that i am running a batch mix tank, my program does everything it should except if it is draining at the end of the cycle and then restarted it goes back to filling.

should have said if it is in drain mode and the stop is pressed then cycle restarted it should continue draining instead it starts filling.