Programming Style

You CAN do it !!

Tips :-
1) Always , always map your physical I/O if it changes , no problem .
2) Always , Always create 30% more spare tags than you think you will need , don't worry about space , you can always delete them , but its not fun adding maybe additional PID terms after the event .
3) Buy a big A4 notepad for writing and testing , and a dayglo markers .
4) Don't try it all in one hit , for example do all you DOL motors , and write a Simulate block that copies outputs to inputs for contactor feedbacks , test it , and give yourself a pat on the back .
5) leave gaps between blocks ( for siemens FB style programming ) you never know what you might want to add on later .
6) choose a layout for your program - I like to do DOL's first , VFDS next , PID after , and then ancillary equipment , but it just depends what you are writing code for .
7) Always try to keep your layout the same , makes life easy on the next job , just copy the block and rename tags

8) keep vodka in the freezer and your bowels open

Eric Nelson said:
Reminds me of a customer supplied panel we got once that has the E-Stop switch wired across the power supply. Pushing it created a dead short. Funny thing was that the guy who wired the panel was not the culprit, he was just following the schematic, which specified that it be wired this way!... :rolleyes:

beerchug

-Eric

That's another reason why it doesn't do to make light ( sorry) of the guys in the panel shop - the good ones will catch all those mistakes and can save you a lot of pennies .

And for Ron , you know that with siemens , you can do strange things in OB1 ?
like :-

(how do you post ladder ? OK STL)

XIO I10.0 OTE I10.0

Last edited:
Sorry , went all Allen Bradleyfied there - one of those coil thingies . Thats what happens when you use that new fangled pneumatic programming language.
" = "

Last edited: