Programming Style

I still do things this way, only because, if you DO, and then somebody else comes in with some flashy work-around, at least your old stuff will always work, without regard to the extra new junk.

I've seen and used this method, and also have seen others use it, and add one additional step...a massive AND instruction, with output masking, switched with a stop or other mass permissive, whereby if the permissive is clear, you MOV a -1 (all 1's) into the mask, and if its not clear, your MOV a 0 into the mask. This saves ladder programming,,,again, a throwback to the 1k and 4k days of the PLC-2

2 reasons: It is very handy if the IO is not assigned yet
If an IO has to be changed you have to do it in only 1 place.

Similar Topics

Dear Engineers, I think you can help me with understanding old style PLC code from ABB Prokontik. (DIN 19239) Please see attached photo from...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I was told by my new boss that I need to use state type programming style in the RSLogix5000. I was not have any experience with any...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question about programming style. What I know is it is better to have a few sub routines grouping the functions together, like...
Replies
Views
Good Evening, All, Let me first apologize for this becoming something of a rant. I have a sort of a style-related question running around in my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've been reading up on latches vs seals. I am working with SLC500's. From what I understand, the only thing to be aware of regarding...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom