Prosoft Configuration Builder 232 Com Issues

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
I bought a Prosoft MVI69-MNET Module off eBay to do some testing for a customer. It did not come with the RJ45 to DB9 cable that a new one comes with so I made my own. It is installed in the chassis with a 1769-L32E.

Anyway I am not able to download by PCB configuration to the module. I am using PCB 4.4.6.1 and have my cable connected to the Config/Debug port. When I try and download the dialog box says "Opening Port Successful". It then shows "Getting Module Information". Finally after a minute or so it says "TimeOut". I have tested my wires and I am pretty confident that I have it wired up properly. If I swap the Transmit and Receive (Pins 2 & 3) I only get the Opening Port Successful message in the dialog box during download. Then after several minutes I get TimeOut.

I have the AOI in the Processor and it is in run mode. I have no errors in RSL5K. Everything seems to be good from the Processor point of view.

So I am looking for some ideas I am starting to worry that I might have a bad module. I am sure that I can get a refund from the eBay seller but I really need to know for sure before I call them.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PCB1.PNG PCB2.PNG PCB3.PNG

a) Try using Hyperterminal instead of Configuration Builder.
b) In the manual there's a section about Diagnostic & Troubleshooting.