Protool archive trends.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,
I have configured an archive trend in Protool and it works OK, except for one important detail.
It doesnt scroll automatically, I have to tell it to scroll "to the end" manually every now and then to update it.
I have tried to select the "Online Operation" in the properties of the X-axis. This gives me a number of buttons below the trend, and one of them should be an "Update Start/stop" button (and it looks exactly like the pause/play button like on a tape recorder). But it makes no difference if I press this button or not.

Any ideas ? :confused:

For your info.

Siemens hotline helped me out.

The answer is extremely simple, but I couldnt have figured it out myself.

To get an automatically scrolling trend with archive functionality (being able to scroll back to view values from the past), you must select a "realtime" trend and not a "history" trend. Then, when you assign an archive to the tag that is being trended Protool automatically figures out how to switch from the realtime data to the archived data when you browse back in time.