Protool. Size of archive files.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,

I have had a problem with archives in Protool.
The problem is that the onscreen trends do not display the logged values correctly. Initiall they work well, but later they decide to display the same value over a long time (despite the values change in reality). After some time they go back to work again, sometimes not.

I remember that there is a note in the helpfiles about archives, that an additional 25% of the archive size should be added to allow the archives to work.
How do you calculate the required size of the archives, in order to know how much is 125% ?

Are there any other things that may be related to this particular problem ?

It is a really nasty problem to troubleshoot, as it will take longer than 24 hours to know if a change makes a difference or not :(