Protool copy pages

Werner

I have a piece of software in a protool project. I need to copy a number of pages from this project to a number of other projects. When I copy the pages the controller of the "copy" project is added to the "past" project. Now I have two controllers in the "past" project. I have to change the controller of all copied tags to the original controller. This is a lot of work. How do you do this?

Can you change the properties of the controller so that I have two controllers linked to the same plc/display? or does this give problems?

Any tips are welcom.

When I copy the pages the controller of the "copy" project is added to the "past" project. Now I have two controllers in the "past" project.
If the names of the two controllers in the two projects are exactly the same, then a new controller will not be added.
At least that is my experience.
However, if some of the tags allready exist in the project you are pasting to, then new tags will be added with a modified name, i.e. "MyTag_1" in stead of "MyTag". In that case you will have to tidy it up manually. APart from that it shouldnt be a problem if there are several tags with the same PLC address. Dont know if it will be a problem performancewise.
Can you change the properties of the controller so that I have two controllers linked to the same plc/display? or does this give problems?
I havent tried it, but it shouldnt be a problem.

I found the same as Jesper, no new controller was added, but since all the Tags already existed, I found myself lumbered with a few hundred "Tag_name_x_1", which was a real pain in the neck to tidy up. :(