Protool opening error

Kataeb

After installing engineering software Protool v6.0 sp3 on a new laptop with windows 7 64 bits , we have the following error when we try to open it : COMOCX2.OCX could not be loaded .
What could we do ? Thank you

It has been years since I had to use ProTool. From what I remember it never got support for anything after windows XP. This may have changed.

I would say run it in Windows XP mode or a windows xp VM.

I am surprised that Protool will even install under 64 bit.

I have all my legacy software in one or more VMware images, typically with Windows XP 32 bit.

I agree. Your best bet would be to run it on a VM.
You may get a chance to make it work under 7 but defenetely not on a 64 bit machine.

it worked after doing the following: 1. set the compatibility mode of the Protool exe file to Windows XP (SP3). 2. did the same for the Protool shortcut to open the engineering software which worked only from outside the simatic (standalone). 3. reinstalled the simatic software and some of it components, because its shortcut stopped running. thank you