pulse width modulation PLC Simatic S7-300

majox

Hi,

I have Siemens PlC and I am trying to write program in SCL or other language. This program shut regulate temperature using pulse width modulation but I can't find any reference how to use PWM in Simatic manager. Does anyone have reference to manual where to find something about Simatic Manager and PWM ?

Pwm

This is about S7-200 series.
The function PWM is described in PLS counter. It is standard function from menu. It is working to high speed output Q0.0 and Q0.1.
It is PWM function wizard. Just follow steps.
By the way wizard creats pasword protected subroutine.

Look for PWM search in Siemens site

Ramunas

Hello Majox;

If you have a compact S7-300 CPUs (312C, 313C or 314C) then you have access to TF (technological functions) including specialized blocks for Pulse-Width Modulation (SFB 49, Pulse). We have used them exactly for the type of application you are describing.
The manual is called S7300C_TF_e.pdf, and you can search for it on Siemens support website:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&changelang=true&aktprim=0&siteid=cseus&lang=en

Hope thos helps,
Daniel Chartier