PV Plus Screen Resolution

Usireland

Hi All,

I have searched the site and searched the KB but I cannot find a clear answer about this.

I am currently developing a project for a Client using a PanelView Plus 6 1000. The resolution of the screen is 640 x 480. The client will want to change to the new PanelView Plus 7 1000 when it is available (probably in time for the next machine but this one will ship with the old PV Plus 6). The PanelView Plus 7 1000 has a resolution of 800 x 600.

I was wondering is there a way for me to develop the application in 800 x 600 but have it run correctly on a PV Plus 6 at 640 x 480? I know I could "scale" the display within FT View ME but that would mean I would have two .apa files to take care of. Ideally I would like to just develop now in 800 x 600 and have it work with the Pv Plus 6.

Anyone know of a way to do this or know it cannot be done?

Thanks in Advance
Ian

I haven't tried to scale from PV Plus 6 to PV plus 7. However we have found that Panel View applications better off to be scaled up than scaled down, for example, when go from PV1000 to PV1200.

PaulB.

FactoryTalk View uses a pure pixel-based screen size. If you built an application for 640x480 and ran it on a 800x600 terminal, there would be large blank margins on the right and bottom.

The best way to go about this is going to be to create it in 640x480 and when you have to deploy it to a 800x600, do a conversion between terminal types.

FactoryTalk View will offer to do the scaling for you, scaling up the objects and the text. The feature isn't perfect, but as mentioned it works best scaling up instead of down. Don't expect to scale up, edit, then scale back down the application; you will be disappointed with the results.