PV to PVPlus font conversion

phuz

I've been doing a lot of PV conversions lately and I'm fairly efficient at them these days, but on the last one I did for a customer, I didn't account for any "enhancements" in the quote, such as changing the fonts, and now going to a larger PVPlus with the older style PV font, it looks pretty bad.

I didn't think there was a way to easily change all the PV fonts to Arial or Times, but wanted to ask before I incorporate some more development time. Each graphic has several font sizes, and some are data displays and others are numeric lists, etc., so I know I can't just do a SELECT-ALL and use the property panel for a quick fix.

I'm open to any suggestions to make this part of the process a little easier.
Thanks.

Another approach might be to do an Export to XML, then edit all the "PV 8x16" sort of fonts to be "Arial", but leave the size alone.

The problem is that when you re-Import the display objects to the Display, it still leaves the object the same physical size as it was when it had the PV legacy font.

The text objects will appear "stretched" and won't look the same as if you created a new object with an identical Font and Size.

The only way I've found to fix that is to go to the standard object editor and select the correct font size, then Apply.

Automating the process with AutoHotKey would take away much of the monotony.

Speaking of AutoHotKey, here's a script that will change the font to Arial 12 once you've double-clicked to open up the object Properties window and typed "Control-z":

Code:
^z::
	Send, {Tab}{Tab}
	Send, Arial
	Send, {Tab}
	Send, 12
	Send, {Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}
	Send, {Enter}
	RETURN

I couldn't get it to successfully emulate a double-click in this environment *(an ordinary Click 2 command should have worked), but I'm not very good with AutoHotKey.

Autohotkey does work, but then you have to open each object individually.

I tried doing the export, and find/replace method and it looks a lot better, even if it is slightly stretched. Maybe it was something that was corrected in version 8?

I think I'll just do that for all these graphics at this point.