PV1000 Color and PV600 Addressing Differences?

Tharon said:
I attached the two test screens I made, they are exactly the same except for the FRN used.

4.00-4.09 does not validate.
4.10-4.xx does validate.

I have PB32 v3.82 build 413, and get the same results you noted.

Tharon said:
Yes, that's what I'm going to have to do. It will just be a little bit annoying since I'll have to add many lines of useless programming to the PLC to set bits using the bool already existing.

If I just change the datatype to BIT, it does not accept the address, since it's not in bit format. The tag in the processor is "SYSTEM_ON_BIT" and datatype is BOOL. The PB32 program will not validate a BIT tag address that is "SYSTEM_ON_BIT".

How about updating the Panelview's firmware? that would be a lot easier.

Hmmm, I could do that.

If do I upgrade the Firmware, and incase anything goes wrong, can the firmware be downgraded back to the original (I've never tried downgrading)? It's a critical machine, and I wouldn't want to have something go wrong and not be able to revert back to the original.

Tharon said:
Hmmm, I could do that.

If do I upgrade the Firmware, and incase anything goes wrong, can the firmware be downgraded back to the original (I've never tried downgrading)? It's a critical machine, and I wouldn't want to have something go wrong and not be able to revert back to the original.

I don't know why you couldn't, though I haven't had to. Nothing ventured nothing gained, right? (I know, thats no consolation if it doesn't work).

Yes, if it will take the newer firmware, (there are no hardware differences) then it will also take the older firmware back too. Just make sure you have a copy of the older firmware if you really think you'll need it.