PVP6 FTVS8 numeric input enable

hackj0632

I was wondering how to get the display to show the label with the correct decimal place. The correct value is getting to the controller from the numeric table configured to 5 values and fixed decimal at 2 locations, the screen is not adding the decimal place to the tag, instead it is adding a decimal point and zeros after the integer.
The controller tag is an integer and the controller is handling the scaling.

example.

input 12.70 mm into the keypad.
accept the value
controller gets 1270, correct value
display shows 1270.0 mm, incorrect
looking for the display to show 12.70

If pictures are needed I can get them tomorrow morning

I can get the display to the to correct value using the numeric display with the tag value and a expression with / 100.

Last edited:
You are using an integer tag I take it.
1) Try using the scaling in the tag database. (Set the tag type as real in the database)
2) Switch it to a real
3) Use derived tags to convert it back and forth to a real.

FactoryTalk is pretty stupid.