View Designer Numeric input

robsjo

Hi
I'm working in Studio 5000 View Designer V9.

The HMI panel im currently using is a 5510, whit physical buttons and functions keys on both side of the screen (L1-6 and R1-6)
I have no problem setting a bool bit in the PLC or changing screen.

But i would like to interact whit an Numeric input field. so that the numerical keyboard opens.
but i have no success whit that.

Is there a way to do that or is this a limitation from the software.

Thanks in advance

This is V8. I don't know if they changed anything in V9.

Go to Common Controls, lower left pane, and double click on Numeric Input. It should pop it on your screen someplace.

NI1.jpg

Then, you can click on the Icon and it will open up the right Properties pane.
NI2.jpg

In General, you add your tag in Value. It can be a Real or Int of some form.
You can change appearance, if you like.
In Numeric field, set where your decimal place is, If you are using one.
In Input, Set the limits of the Input Value you want from this.
Position and size are just that, adjust as needed.
If you need security for this item, then play with this option.

In this example, the tag is a Real.

Once you press the Icon on the screen, it opens up a really crappy (small) Numeric Keypad.

Last edited:
Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community, robsjo !

I think you might be asking about how to use one of the hardware Function Keys to launch the "Numeric Keypad" for a specific Numeric Input object, so the operator can enter a value using the hardware numeric keypad.

To my knowledge there is no current way to do that. Users always select and launch the Numeric Keypad by touching the object onscreen.

I have not used the Keypad-equipped PanelView 5000's yet, so I may be missing some understanding of how the hardware keypad interacts with Numeric Input objects.

@Ken Roach
Hi, Yes it's exactly what i want to do.
Thanks then i do not have to look fore an solution, and explain for the costumer way it's not possible.

Hoppe Rockwell fix an update for this, can't se an reason way this shouldn't be a funktion all ready.