St5K View Designer: Popup Property Bindings not Working

I'm using Studio 5000 View Designer 7.01 and I'm trying to make a generic popup with bindings to properties or aliases.

Basic aliases by right clicking, "new alias..." work OK, and those are fine when I want to link a single thing to a single value. But now I'm trying to make a popup that uses non-alias properties (properties declared in the popup's property definition) and it isn't working! Worst of all is, according to the software, the manual, and examples online, it should work!

For example, I declare some properties for my popup:

1XM507e.jpg

tag works just fine, it is an alias for the popup's Caption. But the others I declared myself instead of being an alias for something.

I should be able to bind them to elements, they even show up in the tag browsing for binding:

aUUQK6b.jpg

But then when I verify or try to emulate it gives errors and doesn't work!

TsxgSz0.jpg

4V9YyZ7.jpg

Same thing with an UDT or AOI, and again, according to documentation and examples online this should work! The whole point is that I should be able to make a generic popup and populate it from something more convenient instead of having 1000 aliases! 🔨🔨

I'm not mainly a Rockwell guy and uhhh from what I see this View Designer isn't the best and most feature-complete piece of software either, so perhaps this should indeed be working but it's an error on View Designer? Or perhaps there is a workaround or something that I'm missing?

Here's an example of a tutorial that says it should just work without issue:

6DoF1Xt.jpg