PVP7 (Performance) Date and Time Issues

AMarks95

Hello everybody, struggling to make any sense of what this thing is doing with the time settings.

1. My PLC has a DINT[7] array with the WallClockTime that is linked to the year, month, day, hour, and minute global connections of the FTV ME application.

2. The PLC's time has been set in the Logix 5000 project.

3. I have a Time Date Display that shows time, but it's off by two hours.

4. My alarm events show some unrelated time in 1974.

I don't understand why all of these times don't match the PLC time.

You need the property "Remote Date and Time" mapped to a tag, on transition from 0 to 1, it will sync the time with the tags you provided for Remote year, month, etc.

You need the property "Remote Date and Time" mapped to a tag, on transition from 0 to 1, it will sync the time with the tags you provided for Remote year, month, etc.

Did this and now it's off by more. Was off by 2 hours before, now off by 5 hours. My DateTime tags used in SSV with user inputs from the OIT is correct, but for some reason it sets the time way off.

**edit: this was due to my GSV using "LocalDateTime" instead of "DateTime"
So at least the displayed time matches what was set. Now just to figure out the alarm time thing

Last edited:
Did this and now it's off by more. Was off by 2 hours before, now off by 5 hours. My DateTime tags used in SSV with user inputs from the OIT is correct, but for some reason it sets the time way off.

**edit: this was due to my GSV using "LocalDateTime" instead of "DateTime"
So at least the displayed time matches what was set. Now just to figure out the alarm time thing

I guess I never noticed the history time stamp issue because we roll our own history. I suspect you might be out of luck until a firmware update comes out.

There have been a couple firmware update releases since this post was made. I don't see any mention of this anomaly in the release notes. Anybody know if this issue is fixed with the 12.105 update?
The Tech Connect article also does not mention anything about the update fixing this anomaly.