PVP700 to ML1500 Issue

vk_bt1

Hi all, i've got a bit of a problem establishing a connection between a PVP700 and ML1500. I have previoulsy done this on an identical machine from the nine pin port (port1?), to the PVP. However, the machines now have Net-Eni's connected to this port, which is being used for Line control (network comms via msg'ing).

Soooo. setup is as follows:

ML1500:
9 pin (port1?) ----- Net Eni (working)

8 pin (port0?) ----- PVP700 (cable used following 2711-NC21 pinout) <-- Issues, wont connect

I have port 0 set to auto in the HMI, and have rslinx enterprise in RSview setup with the target shortcut pointing to the ML1500 through the serial DF1.

Anything glaringly obvious wrong yet?

Also, am i right in assuming that the "comm port" reference in the hmi is offset by one, i.e. port0 on plc is referred to as comm1 on hmi?

I'm heading out to grab a Genuine AB lead, and try it on a seperate identical machine tomorrow, to hopefully rule out hardware issues with the existing cable / plc and hmi ports on the machine ive been working on today.

Channel 0 config in PLC:
-DF1 full duplex
- baud 19200
- parity none
- Source ID 5
- Control Line: No handshaking
- Error detection: BCC
- Embedded response: Auto detect.
- Ack Timerout (x20ms)
- NAK retries: 3
- ENQ retries: 3
- Memory Module over-write (NOT ticked)
- Edit resource / owner timeout: 60
- Comms Service: Ticked
- Message servicing selection: Ticked
- 1st AWA append character: \d
- 2nd AWA append character: \a

RS Linx enterprise setup:

-RSlink Enterprise
...1789-A17, Backplane
-DF1P2P, Serial-DF1
.....5, 1761-xxx xA Micrologix 1500 LRP, Micrologix 1500 LRP <---HIGHLIGTED when shortcut selected.
+....6, Panelview Plus 700, Panelview Plus 700

Got it sorted.

...... well, its amazing the clarity some sleep, and just stepping away can afford one.

It appears that main and most recent issue was that the comms shortcut in RS view had a typo...... o_O

... then after that was sorted, and I took enough time to read and understand the massive amount of error messages popping up, I realised that I had only reconfigured the input tag addressing, and not the display tag addressing on the numeric input boxes. šŸ™ƒ

So at the end of the day, the comms setup is almost standard (with the obvious exception of the RS view Shortcut) and it all works nicely.

Lessons like this tend to stick, perhaps whilst its all nice and clear I should write myself a nice little procedure .........

/note to self: "When tired and frustrated back off and it will often fall into place" šŸ»

Apologies for putting up yet another frustrating PVP comms question .......