PWM PTO etc

dixie

Hi. I have a microLOGIX 1400, nice kit, cheap and you can get a cheap flavour of RSLogix (vis. micro) just for this controller. Anyway, I have looked and read and can't find any definitive PWM PTO examples. So I ask:
Setting up at function file seems easy enough but to make everything transparent and helpful the function file(s) ie: PWMX:0 or PWMX:1 ... PWMX:2 are the three function files (FF). So we choose 1 of the FF's, say PWMX:2; this FF has 16 parameters; OUT, DS, RS, AS, PP, IS, ED, NS, EH, ES, ER, OF, OFS, DC, DCS, ADD. Most of these are self explanatory and the main parameters to set (I believe) are: OUT (set to the number of the physical output on controller, for ML1400 this is either 2,3 or 4. I have set to 3. OF (the Output Frequency in Hz, I have set to 1000). DC (the Duty Cycle, I have set to 500 for 50%). ADD (Accel. Decell Delay, I have set 100). I am not sure what the PP parameter is, it says Profile Parameter Select and takes a Boolean argument, so either 1 type of wave profile or another but I don't know what the two are.

Now, when it comes to the physical wiring I am a little confused. I have a 24VDC motor, PSU and ML1400.
I have the COM(mon); COM2, wired to the V- of PSU.
I have the OUT3 wired to the -of DC motor.
I have the +of DC motor wired to the V+ of PSU.

The motor will not drive, I have changed many of the parameters in FF got buzzing noises but no drive.

Can anyone see what I am missing? Would appreciate a look.

I am thinking now as I write that maybe I need to power the FETs somehow or other????

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Moto

dixie,
Check your wiring the output terminals do not have terminals labled "com" or "com3". The input terminals do however.
See picture below

OutputWiring.jpg

Thanks for your reply Mickey. The L32BXBA output terminal block pic in the controller book calls them OUT2, OUT4, COM 2.
What are the DC0VAC and/or VDC2 output?
What about powering the FET's?

Thanks for your reply Mickey. The L32BXBA output terminal block pic in the controller book calls them OUT2, OUT4, COM 2.
What are the DC0VAC and/or VDC2 output?
What about powering the FET's?

HMM? I just downloaded a new ver. of the manual and its different then what I had. It shows your version of it.

Outputs are in groups group 0,1,2,3. DC0 terminal is power for out0 ,DC1 is power for out1. DC2 is power for out2,out3,out4,out5,out6,out7.
From out3 you should connect that to the + (plus) side of your motor. Minus side of motor is connected to -DC as is com2.

OutputWire.jpg

Thanks

Thanks Mickey. All was good except for powering the FET's. SO I added 24VDC to the VDC2 and OUT3 to the motor and the motor to gnd and COMM to gnd.
So close but so far.
Thanks for your help.
Dixie