Question for the Redlion Crimson guru's

You are welcome. i used dectotext, you may find you would be better to use inttotext, depends on the application, look them up in the help.

Last edited:
Steve

If you wanted to save the alarm with the value to a cf card (csv file) for access over the ethernet or summin then take a look as RL have a sample database for saving to CF card. The file needs to be on the card but again this can be created in the G3 with a new file command (cant remember exactly the command and its getting near red wine time :) ).

http://www.redlion.net/Support/Software/G3SampleDatabases/G310samples.zip

Take a look

Dave

PS Beware not all CF cards work, get a SanDisk (not high speed, one i use is here) one if you need to.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,
i have downloaded all the G3 samples on the redlion site and all the G3 databases on here i could find.

The rep i spoke to suggested at least a 64mb card, but a 2gb card could hold alot of Data with space for later expansion (likely) Is there a maximum size for the card?

Do you use alot of programming code? and if so have you experienced any performance loss i.e slower panel response when executing code?

Cheers Steve

STL??? said:
Hi Dave,
i have downloaded all the G3 samples on the redlion site and all the G3 databases on here i could find.

The rep i spoke to suggested at least a 64mb card, but a 2gb card could hold alot of Data with space for later expansion (likely) Is there a maximum size for the card?

Do you use alot of programming code? and if so have you experienced any performance loss i.e slower panel response when executing code?

Cheers Steve

I think the max is 2Gb but you would have to check with RL Tech support. If you have Ethernet on site and can connect to it then you can log via the ftp server.

Yes i have some apps with a fair bit of programming code, performance issues, i have not noticed any although most of my code is called and doesn't run all the time. I find the programming part of the G3 very powerful and adds great flexibility.

Last edited:
Dave is correct, the limit is 2GB, as we use the FAT16 file system. Also, like Dave mentioned, Sandisk and Simpletech cards will work, but any other brand may not.

Regards,
Dan