questions about UDT

yfcarer

Hi, buddies.

I am now using AB CompactLogix and RSLogix5000.
I define a data type "Tank" with the follow parameters:
TankNumber: INT
Level: DINT
Temperature: DINT
Then I declare a variable "Tank01", which type is "Tank", in either Controller Tags or Program Tags. But I find that I cannot link the parameter (for example,the Level) to a IO card address from the Tag editor!!?? It shows gray.

Would somebody give me some guide? Do I really need to use "Move" to link the IO to the Level parameter?

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend~~

Declare a INPUT_SECTION of your UDT. Make it have different real values, and the length of your input card.

Copy the Input card to the INPUT_SECTION of your UDT. It'll fit right up.

Aliasing inside of UDT is not supported through version 15.

Hi, CroCop.
Thanks for your answer.

But can you give me an example, since I am not a smart guy :)

An AI card: 1769-IF8, from which I will receive the level signal.