Quick Panel Ge fanuc HMI

codes151

any one worked on this QP ge fanuc?i got one and it has nothing inside, application software.
i feel there should be some kind of application to run the HMI logic.

i want to download a program to it..
i tried using PME but cannot dodwnload. Any help?

You have not provided enough information to get a meaningful response.

What is the model number of your unit? Is the model number of the project you are trying to send to the unit the same as the actual QP. What message do you get from PME when you try to download? How are you trying to connect?

You have not provided enough information to get a meaningful response.

What is the model number of your unit? Is the model number of the project you are trying to send to the unit the same as the actual QP. What message do you get from PME when you try to download? How are you trying to connect?

okay. its a qp ge fanuc.
i was able to connect and download the program.
i used my qp VIEW model which was the 12" TfT (IC754VXL12CXX).
on my target properties, qp IP was 192.168.1.3
GE SRTP was used as driver. (device)(but i used a random IP Add 192.18.1.45)

program downloaded.

problem now is, after connecting the QP to the SLC 5/04, its not communicating.
(after installation, i returned the QP IP add to default DCHP)

any assistance on why its not communicating?
thanks!

You cannot use GE SRTP to communicate to AB 504...
In QP software, You need to add the "PLC Access Driver" for the Allen Bradley communications you are using (AB TCP/IP, DH485, DF1). I do not think AB 504 supports TCP/IP unless you have a Ethernet module installed. If so, you will need IP address of that module in AB 504 to set in QP software..

You cannot use GE SRTP to communicate to AB 504...
In QP software, You need to add the "PLC Access Driver" for the Allen Bradley communications you are using (AB TCP/IP, DH485, DF1). I do not think AB 504 supports TCP/IP unless you have a Ethernet module installed. If so, you will need IP address of that module in AB 504 to set in QP software..

okay. i will try this and return a feedback.

I'm guessing you chose the GE SRTP driver because the HMI is brand labeled as GE Fanuc.

But, did you develop the application program you downloaded? Because the addresses assigned to the objects on each panel in the HMI will need to follow the SLC500 addressing conventions. I'd be a little surprised if PME compiled and validated a project using the SRTP driver unless the addresses assigned to the variables conformed to the GE Fanuc addressing conventions.

okay. i will try this and return a feedback.

i changed the driver to DH+ since the SLC 5/04 was connected with that. (the led is green)

changed all my addresses to the driver and downloaded the program.

i get this error messagee;
"ABDHplus - 32 bit driver (dsv00105) encountered an error. this driver uses the DDK NextGen Tree Version: 3.00.0.057; feb 15, 2000. cause of this error, your driver might not be able to communicate correctly. return to editor and make necessary modifications to your project"

also, on the PME, on PLC access drivers, which one should i pick? native or opc? (SLC 5/4 is connected to the HMI using a serial (RS232/485 com-1 port)i am thinking of re-configuring the program for DF1.

any other suggestion? thanks!

Last edited:
I'm guessing you chose the GE SRTP driver because the HMI is brand labeled as GE Fanuc.

But, did you develop the application program you downloaded? Because the addresses assigned to the objects on each panel in the HMI will need to follow the SLC500 addressing conventions. I'd be a little surprised if PME compiled and validated a project using the SRTP driver unless the addresses assigned to the variables conformed to the GE Fanuc addressing conventions.

i didnt. i was replacing the HMI. the naming conventions is right. accordingly with the logic...

issue is, i just cant get the HMI to communicate with the slc 5/04.