Re: Interview questions

toarts

Re: Interview questions

Hello everyone. I am familiar with SLC and Wonderware. There is these interview questions please see below.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of ControlLogix & SLCs?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Wonderware & RSView?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of ConrolNet & DeviceNet?

Any hint is greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

Hello everyone. I am familiar with SLC and Wonderware. There is these interview questions please see below.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of ControlLogix & SLCs?

Hi,

We normally don't answer questions that look like they could be your homework...

But I will try to give you something to work with...

The Contrologix platform is newer & more powerful...You can have more I/O attached to a Contrologix CPU...You have more instructions to use with the RSLogix5000 software...It is basically newer technology.

The SLC platform has been in use for many years now, so many more people/technicians are used to/comfortable with using it.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Wonderware & RSView?

They are both Scada packages..I haven't had much experience with them..your question is akin to asking the advantages/disadvantages of General Motors compared to Ford

What are the advantages and disadvantages of ConrolNet & DeviceNet?

I would like to see what other people say here...both are IO distributed networks...both need RSNetworks for setting them up...both can be used for IO, VSD's etc.

The company I work for selected ControlNet for a project over DeviceNet because we could use the PLC to retain VSD parameters, and automatically download them if A VSD was replaced..Even though it may have been more expensive than DeviceNet

It depends on Cost$$ to suit each project I guess..It also depends on what has already been installed..

Cheers
Ian

Last edited: