Reading and Writing I/O tags

sban346

I am reading and writing to I/O tags in Logix5571 using python. While dissecting using Wireshark, I could see that the Symbol Class(0x6b) is being accessed with Service Codes 0x4c and 0x4d. I am confused about the following:

1. Is this the convention in which I/O tags are accessed, as in using the Symbol Class? Is it not Assembly Class? I have read that while doing implicit messaging, Assembly Class is used to access the I/O tags, is it different for the explicit messaging?

2. The services 0x4c and 0x4d are specific to Symbol Class?

3. How to know what are the instances and attributes present in this class?

Similar Topics

Summary: How to remotely toggle BOOL values on a vendor-supplied system having a L24ER PLC? (RSLogix Studio 5000 version 33.01.00) I have a...
Replies
Views
Hello Friends My experience with Siemens is limited. From HMI I would like introduce Minutes and Seconds to a timer. Also, in HMI I would like...
Replies
Views
Hi again guys, This forum has been great for all the questions ive asked these last few days. Another one now.. haha I am currently working...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, i'm controlling altivar 71 drive from modicon m340 cpu 2020 plc through modbus communication, when I read and write at the same time...
Replies
Views
I am new to this. I have a customer wanting to use a MicroLogix 1400 to control a Mitsubishi A8NEIP-2P. All I can find on the Mitsubishi site is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom