Reading string variables in iFix from controllogix

LMDAVE

I recently converted a PLC-5 program to Controllogix and using iFix as the graphic interface. I seem to have trouble reading a string and displaying it on the screen.

The string is ST48:0 from PLC 5. I mapped the ST file address to PLC5

in iFIX, the datalink i have

ifix.node.TAGNAME.a_cv

where TAGNAME is reading ST48:0.TEXT through ABR to Controllogix

it doesn't seem to poll the data with ABR from controllogix to update the database. Everything else is fine, integers, bits, etc..

Hello,
I believe I ran into this same problem. In your iFix Database - instead of defining your tag I/O address to: ST48:0.TEXT try ST48:0.Data

Example from one of my applications that uses the IGS:
iFix Database Manager:
Tagname = UPLD_BRASS_TAG type TX
I/O Address = CHANNEL1.TB_OVEN.Prgm_MainProgram.SC_Brass_Tag.Data
Control Logix:
Tagname = SC_Brass_Tag (string)

Additionally - You may have issues with using a ":" for a tagname. I would recommend (Control Logix) renaming the tag ST48_00 or something to that order. I'm Not sure if it makes a difference in this case, or not.

The problem with me converting a PLC-5 program in control logix and using the ABR driver, I have to map controllogix to PLC5 addresses. ABR doesn't like or let me use ".data" so the mapping doesn't seem to account for ".text" to ".data".

So I may have to use a OPC command in the database to read directly from contrologix. Only thing, I don't know the correct nomenclature to do that. I'm using RSLinx Classic

A Couple of questions:
1) What version of iFix & ABR driver are you using?
2) On the ABR driver - is there a datablock set up to read the string address?
3) Have you considered using IGS instead of RSLinx & ABR?