Red Lion Crimson programming syntax

bigpercy

Hi,

I have a Red Lion E3 io counting output from weld cells, connected to a PTV station for the visuals. Our number of weld cells is set to increase so I have decided to start afresh rather than add more to current program.

In old program, a list of parts was maintained per weld cell, linked to a program which wrote settings to tags regarding run speeds and targets. I would like to only use a single list accessible by all cells.

On the main display, each cell has a button to the settings page, which assigns a sting tag with corresponding value ie CellSelect = "Cell1" if cell 1 button is pressed. Tag PartIndexList is used to choose the part to be made and I want it to set multiple tag values within the 'Cell1' directory.

What I was hoping to do was to have a program linking PartIndexList value to settings in all cells directories using the output of CellSelect in the path to the tags i wanted to change.

ie

cell = CellSelect.AsText

if (PartIndexList == 1){
cell.ShiftTarget=100;
cell.Partnumber=23453345;}

or some variation of this theme, but I just cannot get anything to work. Please help

If you can share your Crimson file, it will make it a lot easier to follow your description and offer solutions.

To do that, you will need to zip the file first, and go to the advanced reply page to add the compressed file as an attachment.

Welcome to the forum!