RedLion CR3000 touchscreen not responding

CesarTamayo

Hi everyone.

I worked with RedLion HMI several years, in the last year four CR3000 HMI (10 and 15") had have problems with the touchscreen. All the panels are in differents installations. The touch stop responding after 6 or 9 months of use.
The touchscreen not responding even shutdown the energy. The panel works fine if enable the usb port to use a mouse. I tried to calibrate the touch via System Menu even upgrade the firmware, but the touch still not working.
Any advise? Is possible to replace the touch?
Thanks in advance.

I had one 15" CR3000 do this to me. I puzzled over it for several hours before I finally realized that the gasket had a small fold causing a slight warp to the screen overlay which was causing some other area of the touch input to be made all the time. There is no alarm for a "touch stuck" condition like some other HMIs have. I ended up replacing it with a Graphite 15".

I later had a supply chain crisis that caused be to use that same HMI on another job. It works fine on the bench but in the door of that stainless steel enclosure it warps again even without a wrinkle in the gasket so you have to push in on the large steel door to make the HMI covering lay flat and then it works fine.

The company we built that system for never paid us, so I never went back to try to stiffen the panel or replace it with a Graphite. Maybe if they cough up the large some of money we're still owed, I'll revisit them.

I have decided against using the CR3000 15" in the future due to its flimsiness. We will spec a graphite for 15" screens going forward.

This may not be the same issue you are having, but something to check.

Last edited:
This is clearly a widespread issue with the 15" CR3000. Over the past several years we've purchased about 10 of them for different internal projects. Since that time, we've encountered the "touch stuck" defect with almost all of them. They have a two year warranty so we have sent most of them back for repair. Unfortunately the repair job is a bit shoddy and some of them come back with the plastic overlay very loose. A few of the repaired units have later failed again.

When we've had repairs quoted for out-of-warranty units with this problem, they want $2k+ which is more than half the cost of a new screen. Personally I find that totally unscrupulous given that it is clearly a known and extensive problem.

I should mention that we have not experienced this issue with any other sizes of the CR1000/3000. Nevertheless, we're using the Graphite units exclusively now. Eliminating the hassle of dealing with failures is well worth the extra cost. I've been working with Red Lion for 20+ years and have generally been happy with their products and service but this recent experience definitely soured my attitude a bit.

I have had the same issue with the G15C0000. I have had 2-3 with the same touch fail issue. This last one wasnt even a year old and looked like brand new. Just dropped off at distributor yesterday to send back. Red Lion has definitely taken a **** in the last 5 years.

Thank you so much for the replies.
I saw a slight warp in one of my panels.
I think the graphite is a better option but @diat150 has the same issue with this panel. Now I don´t know if the problem is just in 15" panels.