redlion display change screen

irondesk40

Originally posted this as CTvue, but is actually a red lion display with the control technique drivers.
Pretty new to me so hope someone can give some advice.
This was the original post.

"have downloaded the software to program a Emerson CTvue 306a operator hmi that is used on a machine we are going to redo.
I have a question that I hope someone can asssit with. How do you set the display up to tell it which screen you should be displaying. For example in a allen bradley using panelbuilder software, under application settings/control tags you set up which register in the plc will contain the number for the screen that you would want to display. I have been messing witht the CTvue which is basically a redlion display and can not figure out how you would set up the CTvue screen which register in a allen bradley plc to look at to know which screen to display".
thanks

There is no such thing in RedLion. Their software philosophy is different.

If you want to be able to change screens from a PLC by writing a value (screen number) into a register, you would have to do the following:

1. Write a program in RedLion that would call a screen (using GotoPage() command) based on a value provided as a parameter.

2. Create a tag with the "change screen number" register in the PLC as its source and which will call the abovementioned program from its "Change in Value" trigger with the tag value as a parameter.

3. If you want to be able to read the currently selected screen number back to the PLC, you would have to create another tag and write a screen number value into it in "OnSelect()" action of each screen.

See how easy it is? Piece of cake... (y)