Redlion G3 Kadet going away?

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
Someone told met this morning that the Kadet line was going away? Has anyone else heard this? Or was that someone mis-informed?

Alaric,

I don't know if the 4" and 6" are being discontinued, in that they are still listed on Red Lion's site.

When they first came out with the Kadet line, it included an 8" screen that has since been discontinued.

Just a nasty rumor folks. The Kadet series is doing quite well for us - we'd be foolish to discontinue it.

The 8" Kadet was an unfortunate anomoly, and was indeed discontinued. With that in mind, you should know that we do our darnedest to provide a 5-year obsolescence plan, as was done with the old Paradigm range.

We hadn't sold many 8" Kadets at the time of discontinuation, so we opted to throw a bunch on our shelf to cover future replacement needs - keeping our customers out of a machine-down situation benefits us all.

The 4" and 6" Kadets haven't even been considered for discontinuation. I would be interested in finding out who started the rumor...o_O

Have a great weekend all,
Jesse