Redlion G3 - Linking to HMI via another HMI?

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am hoping that there is a easy solution to this problem.

I have a remote site that has two Redlion G3 HMIs (G3-10 & G3-06).

The two HMIs only have one Ethernet Port each, and are connected together on the same Ethernet LAN. The network is also connected to the Internet via a Satellite Router, so that the HMI's can each send out alarm emails, and so that they can be remotely viewed by their Web Servers.

I can remotely view the G3-10 HMI, as the Satellite Router is set to automatically port forward to it's IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.100

The idea was that we would have a button on a simple custom webpage, which would transfer the remote operator onwards to the G3-06 (IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.101).

This system works if you are onsite plugged into the same LAN network as the HMIs, but not when you approach from outside, via the Internet.

How do I stop this from happening? o_O

I think that the button is directing the Web Browser back out into the Internet looking for address xxx.xxx.xxx.101, rather than staying within the site's LAN.

The problem is complicated in that we have a temperamental customer, and my colleague who is onsite is supposed to move to another site a.s.a.p.
:unsure::unsure:🔨:unsure::unsure:

Please can anyone suggest a solution?

Regards,
Marc

Are you using momentary pushbuttons? It sounds like a communications delay on the remote connection. The momentary pushbuttons are writing a value to the tag, and then writing the opposite value to the tag. You can try increasing the hold time on the pushbutton, or I would recommend using the turn on/off button and using logic, after you have completed your task to change back to the normal state.

I have also noticed a delay when using remote viewing in the pushbuttons. Sometimes you need to hold them for a few seconds, before they register. I'm sure that this is increased when doing so from off site.