RedLion G3 - using Scatter Graph

killer

I've almost convinced myself that I'm going to give up on PanelviewPlus in favor of a G3 display. There are just a few functions I need to prove to myself.

I'm having some issues setting up a scatter graph in RedLion Crimson 2. The manual says that the source data for X and Y need to be arrays. Mine are floating point data in a PLC5, so I made some tags referencing those groups of words.

The manual doesn't say the data needs to be integer or real, but that's the impression I'm getting, because I can't assign an array tag. I try an integer array tag, but when I go to select it, it only shows my REAL or integer variables, which I can't pick.

Anyone using the scatter graph in a G3? Is it broken, or is it just me?

I haven't used the scatter graph in Crimson, but I do know that with some other primitives that use arrays, you have to reference the first element of the array in the properties window (i.e. ArrayTest[1] ). I tried this with a scatter graph and it seemed to work with integer arrays but not reals.

Yep, it does work, but you do indeed have to use an array to store the data, and provide the first element as the relevant property. For example, XValues[0] will start from the first element of the array XValues. The primitive works with integers, but you can use the '#' operator to convert a real reference into an integer. #XValues[0] will scale the real values in XValues by 10^(number-of-decimals) allowing them to be passed into a primitive that expects integer. Dan will be able to provide an example, I'm sure, if you need one.

Need Help

I just started to use the Red Lion G3. I have everything pretty much figured out except for how to set up the trends using the Scattergraph Primative. Is there any place where i can go see or maybe watch a tutorial that you guys may know about.

The scatter graph primitive is just for displaying an x-y plot of values. To view the trends, you use the trend view instead. It's under system primitives. Just place it on a page and select the data log you want to show.

Thanks now if i could just get the data logger to work correctly. The problem im having with that is i cant view the data logs on the web server