Redlion G303

Jezz said:
Thanks Dan ,I would just like to say I'm very impressed with the Redlion G303 we have and ,are are hoping to get more it makes a change to receive such great support from a supplier (I've been using your tech support as well as this forum) if more manufactures we're like redlion my job would be much easier.

(y) (y)

Well said,

I have used the redlion range over the last few months and the support is 100% rock solid.

I have a few issues which are just my point of view, but then i have issues with AB and Siemens software and products as well!! only thing is i get a straight answer within a day from redlion which is far better than any other supplier of HMI's i have used.

Our guy has downloaded OPCLink. Below is a response I recieved after his preliminary testing:

The following assumes a OPCWorx configuration with a device named HMI1 and a tag named Var1.

OPCLink Configuration Steps.
---------------------------

From the Configure/Topic Definition create a new topic and enter the following params:-

TopicName: G3
OPCServerName: RedLionControls.G3OPCServer.1
OPC Path: HMI1.

The period is important after HMI1 is important!

To configure the path you can hit the browse button and ensure the device and tags are listed, and then just select OK.

EXCEL
------

=OPCLINK|G3!iVar1

NOTE the 'i' prefix.

I'm having to close OPCLink and restart it after configuring the token, then it works ok. Ongoing...

Regards,

Thanks Dan that's got it working , the data has the occasional flat spot where it should just be counting up, I'm not sure why yet.

How much data can a G303 handle via OPC with out loss?

Once my flashcard arives it's time to mess with the web server and email (trying to get permision to email is proving fun),you should have seen the IT blokes face when he saw the G303 and I said thats what we want to email from ,"is it XP" he asked o_O I can see me having issues with IT again o_O

Jezz, Dave, and Mark,

Thank you for the kind words, that is the kind of thing that makes this job worth doing.

Jezz,

As far as the amount of data, that will depend on several factors. Such as network traffic, the amont of data needed at one time, and the number of clients accessing the data.

When I normally set it up here I have between 10 and 30 tags for testing. The last test we did had over 1200 tags, and we were running OPCWorx on a remote machine (this is not capable in the current release) on our company network, and we had a G3 client and 2 Softing clients. The G3 was requesting about 20 tags while the Softing Clients were requesting all of the tags all of the time, which caused considerable slowing to a point where it would take 30-40 seconds for a scan. My colleague is about to set this up again and I will ask him to use a local server to determine the speed in that case with only 1 client.

In my other testing, the updates were happening what seemed like instantly. I do recall another test with around 150 tags where the updates were a little over 1 second using the aforementioned.

Regards,

Jezz said:
"is it XP" he asked
hmm.gif
I can see me having issues with IT again
banghead.gif

You need a REALLY REALLY BIG STICK and then you need to beat the IT dept with it!

Listen like this
yakyak.gif
yakyak.gif

Then do this
bawling.gif
bawling.gif

Then when they least expect it do this
bonk.gif
bonk.gif

If you dont get an email address at least you will all have a laugh at IT's expense!

I think at most we are going to be looking for about 20 tags (just production figures mainly so we'll only be polling them quite slowly. Plus once the flash card arives we can backup data to that too (sooooo many options :D )

504bloke said:
You need a REALLY REALLY BIG STICK and then you need to beat the IT dept with it!

Listen like this
yakyak.gif
yakyak.gif

Then do this
bawling.gif
bawling.gif

Then when they least expect it do this
bonk.gif
bonk.gif

If you dont get an email address at least you will all have a laugh at IT's expense!

I've tried all that ,the only way that works here is to email them every few hors to find out whats happening with my issue , after about 20 -30 emails they get sick of me and do somthing. :ROFLMAO:

Jezz,

I have been informed that there is no limit on the amount of data, the only bottleneck is the available bandwidth. I do not see 20 tags being any sort of an issue.

Regards,