Redlion G306 screen changes

Karac

Is there a way to have an Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1100 control the screen changes in a Redlion G306? I can't seem to find any way to associate the screens with some variable that the A-B could alter.

My only idea would be to create a variable for screen changes, then create a program in the redlion that runs continously and uses a switch statement based off that variable to call it's internal GotoPage() function. Would that idea work or is there a more simple method?

I think you are on the right track. You could use the page global actions "on tick" action to call your program, but this might impact overall HMI efficiency.

You might also set up a trigger for the tag you intend to use, and call your page select program from the tag trigger. I think this may be more efficient. If the tag is an integer and the trigger is set for Change In Value and Value is set to 1, it should run the program only when the PLC changes the tag.

In the program, I would recommend a case/switch construct to call the appropriate GotoPage command. You may even put Case 0 at the beginning of the switches to bail out early without changing pages to closely emulate the behavior of a Panelview remote screen tag.

Paul

Last edited:
The way I do it is to use word my PLC writes to and each bit it the word controls a screen.

I create a tag for each bit and then I use the trigger to GotoPage(x). This makes the function trigger once every time the bit tag goes true.