RedLion Graphite MODBUS TCP/IP Comms

M0Dark

Our main testing HMI has 2 Ethernet sockets in it.
One is setup on IP address 192.168.30.99 and communicates with our main PC network.
The other is setup with IP address 192.168.1.20 and communicates with all of our Power meters and Modular collector via MODBUS TCP/IP.
These have IP addresses which are fixed to 192.168.1. with final block of 10, 30, 40, 50 & 67. I cant change these.
This all works fine and communication is simple.

The New testbed only has one Ethernet socket in it. Which I have set to 192.168.30.100 – This communicates just fine with the PC network and I can see it from my PC. But it doesn’t communicate with the MODBUS devices.
What do I need to do to get the communication to work?

I have attached simplified versions of the 2 HMI Databases.

Thanks in advance People

Don't have an answer, just a question. All Graphite HMIs apart from the 7inch have versions with one or two Ethernet ports, why did they get a version with only one Ethernet port?

Maybe an answer, but I am not a network expert. As this is on a test bed and not going out to a customer, you could add a router, the LAN port would be on the 192.168.1. subnet and the WAN port would be on the 192.168.30. subnet.

Hopefully an Ethernet expert will chip in, otherwise you might want to try Redlion Support:
https://support.redlion.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

An example of an Industrial Ethernet Router:
https://teltonika-networks.com/products/routers/rut300
will cost about £60.00

Last edited: