Registering EDS Files

Sean Teague

I have a program that I pulled out of a Compact Logix processor. There is a handful of COGNEX cameras listed in the controller organizer and the all have a yellow ? next to them and say <unknown>. I ran the EDS Hardware Installation Tool and mapped it to the correct location of the EDS files. The installation tool completed, but the modules still say unknown in the controller organizer.

What am I missing?

EDS files are to let RSLinx recognize the device.

What you want is the Add-On Profile, you should be able to download it from Cognex.

EDIT: Assuming these are Insight models, try here.

Similar Topics

I'm running RSLinx Classic Lite on an XP virtual machine. RSLinx can see the 1768ENBT/A but shows it as an unrecognized device. When I try to...
Replies
Views
I keep getting and error code 14 on my Ultra 3000i drive and so far have not found the problem. So I am trying to replace the 1769-SDN scanner on...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends, how are you ? i have small doubts in PLC.Can anyone Please clarify on this . My doubts is 1. i have 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem with RSLinx communicating with Allen-Bradley PLC5/40E and PLC5/80E controllers that are programmed to send messages via PLC-2...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have an S7-224XP PLC that I'm planing to use for registering the power consumption in my house. The wattmeter installed has a LED...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom