Compact Logix registering a 1769-SDN card

Ronjon

I keep getting and error code 14 on my Ultra 3000i drive and so far have not found the problem. So I am trying to replace the 1769-SDN scanner on the machine. When I try to go online with scanner it says it is not registered so I tried the EDS wizard it says it gets registered. But when I try to go online with it. The device is not even found, and is still not registered.

Hi

I always found it best to upgrade my Linx and networks when I had that problem
What version of linx and networks to you have. What firmware is the processor and what firmware is your new card

Donnchadh

I have 3.6 RSlinx lite and RSnetworx 21.01. I ended up uninstalling both versions and then reinstalling both of them and that seemed to work. Thank you for the help

Just so people viewing know, here is the fault E14 according to the Manual.

E14
SERCOS Hardware Fault
(SERCOS drives only)
A fault was detected with the operation of
the drive’s internal SERCOS hardware.
Contact your local Allen-Bradley
representative.
DeviceNet Communications Network
problem (DeviceNet drives only)
DeviceNet communications network is
broken Troubleshoot DeviceNet communications.

When you were in the EDS file, did you pick single device and then browse for an existing file for the D-Net Scanner module?

Sorry, never had the not registered device come up, lots of unrecognized devices with the yellow ? mark. The solution there is usually to load the EDS file stored on the C or S drive.

Thanks I never knew about checking the versions of RSlinx either, I had problems with the Factory Talk Activation Manager this week, not picking up the licences for the V19 RSlogix software. So at first it wouldn't allow me to use RSNetworksfor Devicenet in full form, and was stuck not being able to use beyond the demo mode's 0-6 nodes.

I had similar issues with slightly earlier RSNetworx. once i upgraded it no issues

Remember that E14 in the Ultra 3000i can be caused by one or more different things going wrong with the DeviceNet interface.

Similar to a PowerFlex drive, the Ultra 3000i can be configured to react differently to a broken I/O connection, and Idle I/O connection, or a failed DeviceNet daughtercard.

If you test configuring only one of those to fault the controller, you'll be able to tell what you need to pursue on the network. If it's a network daughtercard problem on the Ultra 3000i side, for example, you'll never fix it by focusin on the Scanner and the wiring.

The Scanner's status code when this fault happens on the Ultra 3000i is another important bit of information to capture if you can.