Relay to monitor when 120v fan is switched on

JJ1234

I want a PLC to know when a 120v switch is turned on that powers an exhaust fan.
I need to know what kind of relay would work and how i can tie it in to the 120v power line of the fan.
I was planning to put the relay in the 120v line in an electrical box and run 24v from the plc to that box.

Any kind providing the coil voltage is 120v, is there not a contactor that switches the fan on with a spare contact or could you add an auxilliary contact

Ok then just a small relay with 120v coil, the contacts need not be high current as a digital input on a PLC is only about 10ma