Remote Enet not the same module as configured

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The Ethernet module shown in the consumer (Compactlogix) is not what the producer (Contrologix) actually has. This has worked this way for years so I'm wondering if its worth correcting. I will have an opportunity shortly so I probably will anyway, just wondering if its a real issue or just bothering my OCD.

ENBT pic.jpg

The Ethernet module shown in the consumer (Compactlogix) is not what the producer (Contrologix) actually has. This has worked this way for years so I'm wondering if its worth correcting. I will have an opportunity shortly so I probably will anyway, just wondering if its a real issue or just bothering my OCD.

View attachment 55816

Change it when you get the chance to, just for documentation sake and to keep your OCD under control, but as you have observed there are not many occasions when it actually matters.

Just so long as you don't have any down-stream devices that require "features" of a later model or revision level, it will be fine as it is.