Repairing Bad Relay Output Micrologix 1400

check if led is oke, check if output is still working, with a parallel(over the coil) resistor of 1000 ohms.
check the coil of the relay, if faulty or burned contacts take soldering iron and a suction tip and try to suck all the solder from the islands.
put the pin inside the tip and heat and suck all of them.
now put some copper wire on to these small pins, and try to heat up one side, do not apply force on it, as the island on the component side needs heating too. if hot move it a little bit up, then other side and slowly wiggle it up.
clean the holes and put new relay in. and solder it back in.

Thanks for the info...swapping out the relay is simple enough except that finding the correct replacement is proving to be a challenge. Tried Digi, Mouser, Allied and a few other supply house with no luck.