repairing a plc

basharath

Dear all,my ge fanuc micro plc is not powering up,is it possible to repair the plc by replacing the burnt components.do any body know how to repair it..
thanks in advance.

i heard about some shop that repair and most of the time reconditionne plc stuff but i never used them.

In your case, to my opinon it will be cheaper to buy a new one

the board inside is probably double sided copper and surface mount so someone with usual solder iron and multimeter won't be able to figure it out if itsn't just a connection lousen problem....

Contact your local GE Fanuc rep. I haven't dealt with GE in awhile but I know they used to have a refurbish system. Basically you exchange your PLC for another one that has been repaired. Generally this is less expensive than buying a new one.

Check near the power input for a fuse. Check diodes or bridge. Replace capacitors with low ESR types, preferably Panasonic FC series.