repeat cycle timer?

bellest

Hello all,

First off, I'm a "self-taught programmer", and I use the phrase "programmer" VERY loosely.

I've been charged with incorporating a cycle timer into a RIMM press which utilizes an SLC 5/05 processor.
To clarify, when I say "cycle timer", what I really want to know is the time elapsed from cycle-start to cycle-start.
I will log this elapsed time via RSView SE to a datalog model.

I know there is a ridiculously simple rung for this, but I just can't seem to wrap my raisin around it at this point.

Thanks to all who reply,
T

Last edited:
If you are talking seconds or minutes then just use a timer that is latched when it starts then when it stops move the ACC to a Register, once the move is complete unlatch your holding coil. You can now divide that number to get your time. If you have too you can use a timer and counter, the timer self resets every 60 seconds and adds 1 to the counter...this will give you minutes...you can also make this self reset every 60 minutes and have it increment 1 for every hour.

If you are talking hours etc then look at the time clock in the Status files, you can capture the time at start then capture again at stop and subtract them.

Make you 'Cycle Start' signal a one-shot.

Use this one shot to:

1.) Move the accumulated value of the timer to a storage location
2.) Reset the timer. Use a XIO of the one shot in the timer rung.

Something like this:

| Cycle Start
| One-Shot +----------------+
|----] [-------------| MOV |
| | Src: T4:0.ACC |
| | Dest: N7:0 |
| Cycle Start +----------------+
| One-Shot +-------+
|----]/[----------------------| TON |
| T4:0 |
+-------+

Now you have two values you can use on the HMI. The current cycle time (the T4:0.ACC value), and the time of the previous cycle (the value in N7:0)

🍻

-Eric

Thanks for the quick responses.
Here was my solution.

ladder.jpg

Regards,
T