Reversing Motor direction through VFD

pass99

I interchange the leads on the 3 phase line side of the VFD.What is the main reason,why the direction of rotation for a 3 phase,600 volts motor does not change?

All input power to VFD,s, whether AC or DC is rectified to DC and filtered smooth. As a result, phasing on the input leads is irrelevant as it all ends up as smooth DC.

The output of the VFD is NEW AC, created from the DC bus. That's why the output frequency can change with respect to the input.

Your drive most likely can provide the reversing capability if needed for the application.

Don't connect the drive output to a reversing contactor. The drive won't like it and will fail prematurely.

If you just need to change the direction permanently, swap T1 and T3, or whatever the drive 3 phase OUTPUT terminals are labelled.

Okie