Risk Assesment & Safety category Circuits

Bolatov

Hello

Im an Controls Engineer that has been asked to supervise some projects.

Im new into this and suddenly everybody is talking about risk assesment and circuits PLb or PLd and the required safety circuits.

I looked over internet but there is not a lot of information in the relation of an risk assesment and the safety circuits category.

Could anyone please tell me where to look or what to look? is very frustrating to not know this design stuff.
Thanking you in advance

In regards to safety circuits look on the PILZ website they have some good information about categories etc. I once attended one of their courses and it taught me a lot.
As for Risk assessments in general this is a minefield but as it says in most risk assessments, as far a reasonably practical, take that any way you want, but in reality, the design should remove any possible risk to injury, if this cannot be done by engineering out the risk then measures and procedures should be in place to minimise the risks.
You really need to attend some training courses if you are going to be involved in risk assessment and it is the responsibility of your employer and you to ensure you are correctly trained in carrying out risk assessments.