ROC Protocol Questions

jolyrojr

Has anybody ever written code to implement their own version of the ROC protocol? The book is helpful to a point, but it lacks a lot of really important information.

On top of that, the 107 I am talking to does not light up the send or receive leds, not sure if its even getting sent if it wasn't for the light on my usb-to-serial converter.

As I am plugging in through the LOI port, do I need to use direct connect messaging?

I get no response. If it wasn't for verifying connectivity through ROClink I would think it was a dead 107.

Hi,

I just glanced at the protocol and it does not seem too complicated. I would "guess" the packet is malformed, bad opcode or the CRC is incorrect. Or all three. :)

Just a guess.

Thanks for the reply Mark.

turns out the response was being sent, it just wasn't triggering the event meant to catch it, no big deal.

I rewired to the com2 and the lights came on.

Is there a setting that turns the LEDs off regardless of activity?