Rockwell EDS .TAR file?

Myrddin

I've recently downloaded new EDS files for a stratix 5700 and the EDS file are downloading as a .TAR file, is there some newer software used for loading EDS files now? I guess i could try and pull all the EDS files out by using 7zip but i'd rather learn the proper way to install these.

.tar is an archive format, similar in function to .zip except that tar archives are not necessarily compressed. The actual EDS files will be contained within the .tar archive. I'm surprised to see Rockwell using it, last I knew they usually just used zip.

To unpack it, you'll need a utility that supports the format. I use 7-zip.

These Eds's im trying to install are the only ones I have encountered so far with a .TAR, now I'm having the problem that i've extracted the EDS files they all have .gxf extensions and if I remove that extension and try to load the EDS file it errors out.

I just tried downloading this, you downloaded the firmware, not the EDS file. There is something goofy about their site, where when you click the download button below "EDS files for Stratix 5700 and ArmorStratix 5700 (mulit)", it actually ends up adding the firmware to your cart, not the EDS file.

I found that if you click "Add to Download Cart", rather than clicking the download link, it adds the EDS files to the cart.

Edit:

capture-20221027-111910.png

Last edited: